As the work week begins (well, your work week... I work Friday through Tuesday, but that's neither here nor there), here's a look ahead at some stuff you can expect to see in the upcoming days:
- Planning to finally see Public Enemies tomorrow. Hi, how ya doin', I'm late to the party.
- Upcoming catalog titles hitting Blu-ray and awaiting my reviews: A River Runs Through It, 12 Monkeys, and the triple-pack of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragen, Curse of the Golden Flower, and House of the Flying Daggers. I look forward to six or so hours of flying people and lush colors.
- Requested an odd-sounding "Comedy Legends 4-Pack" of obscure TV appearances by the likes of Dick Van Dyke, Phillis Diller, Redd Foxx, and Tim Conway-- primarily for the chunk of Groucho material on it that I've never seen. That's on its way to mi casa.
- MoMA is screening Hitchock's Spellbound on Wednesday, which I've shamefully never seen, so barring a catastrophe, I'll get to drink that in on the big screen.
- Everything I've read or heard indicates that The Hurt Locker is phenomenal. I'll find out myself this week.
- Also, I'll be trucking waaaaaay the fuck uptown to see Facing Ali, a great-looking boxing documentary that's doing two matinees a day for exactly one week as a qualifying run for Oscar consideration. It will presumably do a bigger, wider run this fall, but it looks so wicked good that I'm gonna check it out while I can:
So keep reading because GOD KNOWS WHAT YOU MIGHT MISS.