If you've ever wondered exactly how terrible Blogger is, look at the image above. That's a pop-up button that is now part of the page where you compose a new blog entry--in fact, it covers over the bottom corner of the window, which is one more thing to complain to Blogger about.
POINT IS, that's why I haven't had new links up for a while; this back-end that I have unfortunately hitched my domain name to is a nightmare of mis-matched fonts, ugly links, and utterly nonsensical garbage-filled HTML. It is, I should mention, a free service. You certainly get what you paid for.
Anyway, I've written a few new things that I sort of like.
- I did a few more appearances on All in with Chris Hayes, most recently to talk Compton with Chris and Ebony's Kierna Mayo.
- Here's a valentine to Pam Grier.
- Columbia House folded, and I wrote about its importance to young audiophiles and collector-types.
- I reviewed Straight Outta Compton, and wrote about its "surprise" success.
- I begged my fellow liberal parents to settle down about HBO's Sesame Street deal.
- I interviewed Peter Bogdanovich, Noah Baumbach, Joshua Oppenheimer, David Gordon Green, Andrew Bujalski and Kevin Corrigan, Amy Berg, and Marlon Brando's daughter.
- I really loved Diary of a Teenage Girl.
- Woody's latest is bad, bad, bad.
- I did my part to get people listening to You Must Remember This.
- In light of the failure of Fantastic Four, I begged Hollywood to stop with the origin stories.
- I loathe the junket machine, and a couple of recent incidents gave me an excuse to write about why.
- I did a timeline of violence at movie theaters.
- Everything doesn't have to have a sequel.
- Flavorwire did a Clueless theme week for its 20th anniversary, and I wrote about the movies Amy Heckerling made after it.
- Some thoughts on Jurassic World's road to domination, and what made the original so special.
- Instead of seeing the shitty new Terminator, I watched the awesome original.
- On the long-MIA Decline of Western Civilization movies.
- For the Letterman retirement, I wrote about how everyone else became Letterman, while he became Johnny.
- I ranked all the Spielberg movies.
- And finally, being the shameless traffic whore that I am, I wrote about Matlock.