Well, I missed a week. I'm sure you'll forgive me.
- Suicide Squad sure is terrible, and Jared Leto's the worst thing about it.
- A piece on The Knick, The Girlfriend Experience, and Soderbergh's television exploits.
- I've always gone to the mat for the Bourne movies, so Jason Bourne may be the summer's biggest disappointment. My review.
- Also very bad: Bad Moms, which really should put an end to women's stories told by men, but won't.
- Some thoughts on disco and the movies, tied to the new series at the Metrograph.
- For Second Glance, an appreciation of Garry Marshall's Nothing in Common.
- Finally subjected myself to A Talking Cat!?! for the most recent Bad Movie Night.
- I made an indie guide for August, with a whole bunch of goods stuff.
- Blu-ray/DVD/streaming guides for 8/2 and 7/26.