I spent a good chunk of the last two weeks attending and preparing for the Toronto International Film Festival - so, unsurprisingly, most of what I published in that period was TIFF-based. For example:
- My preview of all the things I was looking forward to, most of which did not disappoint.
- Day 1: Gimme Danger, Dog Eat Dog, American Honey, and The Salesman, plus I cheated and wrote about Sully.
- Day 2: Nocturnal Animals, Arrival, A Monster Calls, and Amanda Knox.
- Day 3: Mascots, Snowden, Beauties of the Night, and Water and Sugar.
- Day 4: The Handmaiden, Queen of Katwe, A United Kingdom, (re)ASSIGNMENT, and Gringo.
- Day 5: Blair Witch, Loving, Jackie, The B-Side, and The War Show.
- Day 6: La La Land, Una, The Bad Batch, and Into the Inferno.
- Day 7: Free Fire, Their Finest, The Secret Scripture, and ABACUS: Small Enough to Jail.
And then I went a bit longer on Snowden. And, of course, Blu-ray/DVD/VOD guides for 9/6 and 9/13.